AS FEATURED IN
An Estimated 103 Million People Are Suffering From Back Pain Today.
What if you could be part of a better solution?
Millions of people are in chronic or acute pain right now. Pain that keeps them home from work. Pain that keeps them from participating in their favorite activities. Pain that keeps them awake at night. Pain that keeps them from enjoying life.
With a Foundation Training Certification, you can make a big difference by bringing natural healing to yourself, your clients/patients and your community.
The Foundation Training Certification is an interactive training experience designed to deepen your understanding of the science behind Foundation Training and prepare you to effectively teach this powerful methodology to others.
Discover The Natural Healing Power Of Foundation Training
We all have the power to begin healing the pain our modern lifestyles cause.
But to do that, it’s important to understand that chronic and many acute pains are caused by something we’re doing wrong with our bodies on a daily basis (unless, of course, you’ve sustained an injury).
Simply put, most of us are moving wrong. That’s why up to 80% of adults suffer from back pain during their lifetimes. And the worst part is that most people don’t even realize how their daily movements are at the center of almost all their pain.
Or if they do realize it, they don’t know how to change.
During the Foundation Training Certification course, you’ll discover how movement is the center of our health and how to effectively incorporate that knowledge into your life and work.
You’ll also learn important changes in how you sit, stand and move so that you are able to finally fix the root cause of all your pain. You’ll learn some simple movements that will heal your pain and help you discover the true potential within your body.
And you’ll learn how to effectively teach that incredible knowledge to friends, family, patients, clients and your community.
The truth is when we change the way we move, we can significantly improve the way we live.
Foundation Training Certification Overview
The certification course is a unique training experience. You will learn biomechanically designed movements along with how to effectively and safely teach those movements to others.
During the 4-day intensive course, you will significantly add to your knowledge of how the human body is designed to move and support itself.
The Certification is based around three core principles:
- Decompression of the axial skeleton
- Hinging at the hips
- Integration of the principles into your body and life
While this may sound simple, the science behind the movements and the nuances you need to know are critical in effectively integrating Foundation Training into your life and the lives of your clients, patients, family, friends and community.
The Certification experience, combined with the opportunity to network with like-minded individuals will leave you empowered to help keep your body feeling healthy and strong, and to teach others to do the same.
Change Lives. Heal Pain. Discover The Human Body’s Potential.
The Foundation Training Certification 4-day immersive, hands-on experience will:
- Help you develop a deep understanding of Foundation Training in your own body. You will first learn how to properly do each of the Foundation Training movements. As you begin to master the nuances of each movement along with the cues and reasons why the micro adjustments make a difference, you’ll feel the impact on your own body.
- Teach and simplify the science behind biomechanics so that anyone – beginners to pros with advanced medical degrees – are able to learn and apply biomechanics to everyday activities. Learn how the body is intricately interconnected and how to take this whole-body approach into your life and work.
- Provide structure and frameworks to integrate Foundation Training into everyday life in a way that supports the body’s natural healing process and long-term vitality.
- Start the process of learning to teach this valuable knowledge to others so that you canpositively affect the lives of your family, friends, co-workers, patients and clients for years to come. After this 4 day Certification, you will be a student instructor with a clear path to full Certified Instructor which you may or may not wish to pursue.
- Discover all there is to know about Foundation Training in person from highly skilled, dedicated Master Trainers. Practice, learn and ask all your questions. Get hands-on support to feel the proper movement.
- Gain access to the tools and resources you need to teach and integrate Foundation Traininginto your current life, work and activities. You will gain access to the full instructor materials, our thriving community and tools to take what you learn and integrate Foundation Training into your work, life and community.
- Learn by doing with hands-on instruction to increase your body awareness and feel the proper form for each movement. Foundation Training is simple, but it’s not easy. There are a lot of nuances that you can’t get from reading a book. If you want to get the most from your own practice and/or teach this to other people, you need to learn from the Master Instructors so that you have full knowledge and understanding of the nuances that make all the difference.
- Join the private Foundation Training community to understand best practices and successful models to establish, build, integrate and teach Foundation Training. You will have access to a private Facebook group to directly pose questions with fellow Certified Instructors as well as our full library of support materials to begin teaching and integrating Foundation Training into your work, life and community.
- Understand how to modify Foundation Training to work around limitations, injuries and other issues you, your clients or patients may be facing. You’ll learn effective modifications, proper form, verbals cues and more on how to correct posture, relieve pain and improve movement patterns.
- Become well-versed in the science behind Foundation Training including how Foundation Training was developed, defining the physical problems that result from our modern lifestyle and how Foundation Training can integrate into your daily life and work to help remedy those problems.
- Expand your toolbox to easily integrate Foundation Training into what you’re already doing. Foundation Training has been successfully integrated into current personal, client and patient work by doctors, chiropractors, massage therapists, gym owners, personal trainers, kinesiologists, physical therapists, elite athletes, teachers, practitioners, company owners, grandmothers, students, coaches, surfers, runners, bikers, golfers and more.
- Global exposure to the Foundation Training website traffic. Once you complete Certification, you have the option to be added as an instructor to our ‘Find a Trainer’ page on Foundation Training which has thousands of visitors each month. You may link to your website and provide any contact details so people looking for a Trainer can connect directly with you.
Yes! I Want to Attend a Foundation Training Certification
Foundation Training Certification Curriculum Details
Each Foundation Training Certification course has a limited number of students to ensure this a high touch experience with as much hands-on interaction as possible.
Classes generally have one Master Instructor per four – five students to ensure plenty of hands-on support during this course experience (this can vary depending on instructor availability).
Each day builds upon curriculum in the previous day so that by the end of the 4-day certification you have a deep understanding of the core Foundation Training principles.
Day 1 Curriculum Overview
- Introduction to Foundation Training – Including the process Dr. Eric Goodman used to discover and perfect the methodology, defining the physical problems that result from our modern lifestyle, and an overview of how Foundation Training can help remedy these problems.
- Decompression Workout – We will begin using what we’re learning by breaking
down the what, how and why of each of our four Decompression exercises. During this time you will receive lots of personal practice of each one in a large group setting.
- Anatomy of Breathing – We will explore and practice the vital role proper breathing plays in Foundation Training.
- Group Connection – Get to know your fellow Certification course mates and begin networking with like-minded individuals.
- Hinging Movements, part 1 – Next, we will break down and practice two of our most basic hinging movements in a large group setting
- Small Group Session – Finally, we’ll end the day by breaking out into groups of five – seven people with one of our Certified Instructors to learn how and practice teaching the exercises to one another.
Day 2 Curriculum Overview
- Morning Workout – We will open with a morning workout to practice what we covered in Day 1 as well as introduce movements and flow for the rest of the Certification.
- Hinging Movements, part 2 – We will break down and practice of each of our more dynamic Hinging exercises in the large group setting to get the feel for each of these movements.
- Anatomy of Anchoring – Next we will cover what Anchoring means, followed by break down and practice of each of our Anchoring focused exercises in the large group session.
- Group Connection – We will further explore personal stories and connections among the course participants.
- Arm Layers – Next, we will move into learning and practicing our advanced Arm Layers, followed by a small group sessions to practice teaching.
- Afternoon Workout – We will end the day with an afternoon workout integrating much of what we’ve covered in the past two days so you’re able to see, feel and practice what each movement feels like and how they work together.
Day 3 Curriculum Overview
- Morning Workout – We will open Day 3 with a morning workout to practice and integrate the movements we learned in previous days. We’ll also begin to introduce new moves that we’ll cover during the day.
- Group Practice – We will break down and practice of the more advanced, integrated Foundation Training movements in the large group setting.
- Anatomy Review and Discussion – We will dive into the difference between stretching vs. “tensioning” and why these differences are so important to know as you’re practicing and teach Foundation Training.
- Small Group Practice – We will then break into small group sessions to practice teaching the movements we’ve learned. You’ll practice the cues, nuances and what to look for and correct as you’re teaching Foundation Training to others.
- Group Connection – We will come together as a group to share personal stories and discuss any concerns/questions before diving into our afternoon sessions.
- Business Presentation – Covering logistics around how to complete your formal certification, an overview of all the tools and resources Foundation Training has available to support each of our Certified Instructors as you evaluate how to integrate Foundation Training into your business, life and community.
- Afternoon Workout – We will spend another session doing a Foundation Training workout to further practice all the movements and how they integrate and flow in a workout.
- Exercise Review – We will spend time reviewing all the exercises learned so far in large group setting.
- Small Group Practice Teaching – After our review, we’ll give plenty of time to practice, ask questions and get assistance as you practice to teaching what you’ve learned so far.
- [optional] Social Gathering – Join your Foundation Training Certification team trainers for food and drinks hosted by Foundation Training. This is a great time to continue to develop relationships with the instructors and your fellow Certification participants.
Day 4 Curriculum Overview
- Student-Led Morning Workout – We will give students the opportunity to lead our morning workout, further practicing and cementing the movements you’ve learned in the course.
- Integrating Foundation Training Into Your Business – We will lead a discussion on how to create a Foundation Training program for private clients and/or group settings. You’ll walk away from this session with a better understanding of how you can use Foundation Training in your workplace, with your patients and/or clients – or how to get started, if you don’t have a business currently.
- Small Group Practice Teaching – You will again have the opportunity to practice teaching the Foundation Training movements in small groups, with a Certified Instructor on hand to help you with all the nuances and cues needed to effectively teach others.
- How To Correct Common Mistakes – Next, we’ll dive into an interactive group session on how to correct common mistakes in each of the exercises. This will help you in your one-on-one and group practice once you return home as you’ll have covered the common mistakes you’ll encounter when teaching others.
- Receive Foundation Training Certificates – You will receive your Student Instructor certificate before we pose for a group photo. This Certificate will give you access to Instructor materials, entrance into the Master Trainer Certification program as well as access to our private Instructor community to continue to network and connect with other like-minded individuals.
- Final Questions and Closing Thoughts – After this 4-day Certification experience, you have the training, tools and community support you need to immediately integrate Foundation Training into your practice, empowering yourself and your patients/clients to find long-term health naturally.
Is Foundation Training Certification Right For Me?
Wondering if the Foundation Training Certification is right for you? If you are:
A Practitioner – such as a Chiropractor, Physical Therapist and other healthcare practitioners looking to give patients the tools they need to improve the way they move and feel, and stand out from your competitors, increase demand from clients/patients and grow your revenue, this is for you.
Trainer and Therapist – a Personal Trainer, Pilates Instructor, Fitness Instructor, Yoga Instructor, Martial Arts Instructor, Massage Therapist or Bodyworker and you’re looking to find ways to help people get more from their work with you, and stand out from your competitors, increase demand from clients/patients and grow your revenue, this is for you. You’ll learn to teach clients to re-establish their body’s natural movement patterns so they can do whatever they enjoy doing, better.
Everyone Else – individuals who’ve discovered significant personal benefits from Foundation Training through using the books, DVD, Foundation Training Connect, attending a workshop or working with a Certified Instructor. You may want to expand your personal knowledge of Foundation Training, hope to start a new business opportunity teaching Foundation Training or you may want to possibly share it with others, this course is for you.
If you’re serious about helping yourself and others, you will love the lessons you learn in this 4-day intensive process.
6 Ways Foundation Training Certification is unlike any other professional training program out there
Foundation Training Certification
- You will walk away with skills that you can immediately use in your own life and business.
- This is a fun, interactive experience that will immediately benefit you.
- You will gain access to our entire library of Instructor materials, community and support upon completion.
- Your entire Certification program is covered with the course fee (unless you decide to hire and work with a Master Instructor one-on-one).
- You will have plenty of opportunities to teach the skills you learned in small groups and large groups, with a Master Instructor there to help guide and correct your teaching giving your valuable opportunity to integrate this immediately into your work, life and practice.
- You have the option of adding your name to the Foundation Training ‘Find a Trainer’ page on our website, with thousands of visitors each month. You’ll receive instructions on how to do that during Certification.
Other Certification Programs
- You get theory and very little practice, making it difficult to use the training immediately.
- You sit in a conference room listening to boring PowerPoint presentations.
- You need to pay extra to access additional support materials, if they’re available at all.
- You need to pay extra money to complete your certification process.
- You learn the theory but often don’t have specific time to practice teaching others.
- Either this isn’t available or you have to pay extra to be listed on their global directory.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve been in pain so long… will this really help me?
We recommend you check with your doctor prior to undertaking this or any physical program to ensure you’re not going to injure yourself.The key of Foundation Training are the fundamental movements that are designed to retrain how you move, sit and stand so you start using your muscles as they were designed to work.
We have easy modifications for people who are just starting out or have limited mobility, as well as workouts that would challenge top level athletes while helping them to recover their elite performance (and everything in between). Foundation Training trains basic movement skills that guide your body to a more pain-free life, whether you’re 17 or 87.
I’ve tried so many things already – doctors, special equipment, workout plans, pain medicine and more – how do I know Foundation Training will actually work?
Nothing is 100% guaranteed – yet we’ve seen tremendous results for thousands of happy clients who have been in similar situations.We urge you to work in conjunction with your practitioner or find a Foundation Training certified practitioner and take it slowly. Retraining your body with the proper movement patterns will take some practice. Dedicate a few minutes 2 – 3 times a day to start your practice and progress from there. .
I haven’t worked out in years… do I need to lose weight and/or get in shape before trying?
The short answer here is absolutely not! In fact, Foundation Training is where you should start.
The reason we call it Foundation Training is because it’s what you need to be in shape and build a healthy body. In fact, beginning a fitness program without the foundation of proper movement will contribute to injuries, degeneration and/or pain.
As always, you should check with your doctor/practitioner prior to beginning any program if you have any question about your readiness, but once you receive the OK, you are fine just as you are.
I have another exercise program already (Yoga, Crossfit, Biking, Running, etc…). Can this work with what I’m already doing?
100% yes. We often have clients who are very active – running, walking, weight lifting, surfing, biking and more — and they want to know if they should do Foundation Training before or after they exercise.We recommend doing Foundation Training before AND after your other workouts.
Foundation Training is a phenomenal way to warm up and activate your muscles prior to exercise. Many of our clients have found their workouts are stronger and more gratifying after using Foundation Training as a warm-up.
You’ll also see benefits AFTER your workout. As opposed to passive stretching, Foundation Training takes your muscles to length under tension creating a strong support structure to carry you past your workout and through the rest of your day.
Is there any special equipment that I need to buy to get Foundation Training to work?
The beauty of Foundation Training is that it uses the power of your own body. You don’t need any special equipment to practice, which means unlike other all the other programs and memberships out there, this is the ONLY thing you’ll need to buy.We recommend comfortable clothes that allow you to move freely. You can do Foundation Training with or without shoes (many people prefer without) and some people prefer to use a towel or stability mat (like a yoga mat).
The important thing is that you feel comfortable and able to move easily.
Why should I buy Foundation Training programs when there are so many free resources already available?
We do have a number of free videos so that you get a taste of our teaching style and what Foundation Training is all about. However, the videos are simply a sample, they’re a peek into the Foundation Training world – not a step-by-step comprehensive program.
All of our programs go much, much deeper into teaching the specifics of each movement in a step-by-step fashion as you learn and practice each new skill. Some of our free content is aimed at people who already have an understanding of our movements, and is not a good place to start.
With our step-by-step approach in our paid programs, you are able to start at the beginning and progress at your own pace. We highly recommend beginning with Foundation Training Connect and/or attending a live in-person workshop to get the most out of learning Foundation Training.
Is there a difference between the DVDs, Foundation Training Connect and the in-person workshops?
Yes and no – all the core Foundation Training movements are the same. However, level of instruction, the style in which they’re taught and the ability to personalize the program to your specific situation will vary depending on which program you select.The DVD set includes our fundamental Foundation Training movements, taught in a step-by-step progression. These are still highly valuable and continue to help clients begin their own Foundation Training practice.
Foundation Training Connect includes all the content from the DVDs PLUS updated workouts, resources and more. This is the platform where we are able to bring the latest and greatest advancements in Foundation Training to you wherever you are, and include new resources, teaching styles and workouts. The content is available 24/7 on any connected device (phone, tablet, computer, internet-enabled TV).
In-Person Workshops cover the same fundamental Foundation Training movements AND you have the added bonus of having a Master Certified Instructor correcting your form in real time, demonstrating and personalizing all the movements and answering all your specific questions.
What are my payment options?
Can I pay by check?
Can I order by phone?
Who do I contact with my other questions?