CURRENT LEVEL 1 EVENTS
WANT TO BE NOTIFIED OF UPCOMING CERTIFICATIONS?
JOIN THE WAITLIST TODAY
The Foundation Training Level 1 Certification courses provide extensive understanding of our principles, exercises, and instruction protocols. The cost of the Level 1 Certification is $3500, which includes 6-week online education portion with mentoring, the 2 day in-person skills training, student teaching with support from your mentor, and video test out.
The Foundation Training Level 2 certification is an advanced study into the exercises and application. It requires completion of Level 1 plus 6 months of application. Level 2 certifications will resume in 2023.
Why Get Certified?
The Foundation Training Certification is more than a class explaining how to teach exercises. It is an education of understanding pain and the body’s endless ability to adapt. It is an invitation into a community of collaborative practitioners, coaches, and teachers dedicated to helping others. It is learning how to empower others through awareness, movement, and perspective. People are hungry for guidance in a world filled with assorted and contradictory options for pain management, Foundation Training provides the missing link combining treatment and prevention.
The Path to Certification
Details of the Online Education Portion
- Every Sunday a new module will open with lessons for you to complete at your own pace over the following week.
- Written lessons with creative visuals will give supporting concepts like muscle chains and breathing processes new depth of understanding.
- Video lectures and innovative anatomy instruction from 3D models will give an understanding into the anatomy that is simply not possible on living humans.
- Case studies integrated into the study will allow student instructors to work through application as they learn the concepts.
- Application and critical thinking questions provides guided hands-on learning to apply the material.
- Ongoing support from a Core Educator that will provide problem solving, promote critical thinking, and give you the opportunity to really get to know both the FT team and the other students in your small group.
- Mentoring sessions will be 1 hour and completed over Zoom (video or phone-in options are both available) at the end of each week.
- You can select the time for your group time. You will remain in the same group for the duration of your 6-week online education.
- More than 2 missed sessions will be considered non-completion of the online education portion.
Week 1: Decompression Breathing
- Complacent Adaptation
- Decompression Breathing
- Anatomy: Breathing Muscles. Skull & Ribcage Bones. Anatomical Directions.
- Exercises: Decompression in Supine, Prone, Standing, Lunge
Week 2: Anchoring
- Inward Anchor
- Outward Anchor
- Anatomy: Anchoring Muscles. Pelvis & Lower Extremities. Muscle Contractions.
- Exercises: Anchored Back Extension, Anchored Bridge
Week 3: Integration
- Pulley System
- Active Alignment
- FT Integration
- Anatomy: Joints. Muscle chains. Planes of Movement.
- Exercises: Integrated Hinge, Founder, Kneeling founder, Forward Fold, Basic Arm Layers
Week 4: Nervous System
- Compression Points
- Anatomy: Nerves, Nerve Plexus
- Exercises: Shoulder Tracing, Supine Leg traces, Advanced Arm Layers
Week 5: Patterns
- Movement Patterns
- Anatomy: Gross vs Fine Motor, ADL’s
- Exercises: FT Squat, Woodpeckers & Woodpecker Rotation, 8 Point Plank
Week 6: Program planning
- Task Breakdown
- Teaching Skills
- Treatment Planning
- Program Planning
The Student Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone do the program?
Although Foundation Training as a practice is designed for everyone, the FT Instructor Certification Program requires a deeper dive into anatomy, physiology, and related concepts of physical movement and rehabilitation. A desire to learn and willingness to put forth the effort is really the only prerequisite.
How long will I have access to the online education materials?
Until March 13, 2064, at which time we hope to have launched our 3D hologram program. In the meantime, you will have access and we will update the program as improvements occur.
What if I don't do the final test out?
If you don’t want to get certified you do not have to do the final test out. We totally understand that some individuals would like to go through the education program solely for the sake of their own knowledge base and without the intent to become a certified instructor.
If a skills test is not attempted within six months after the in-person portion, your designation as a student instructor will be removed. You will still keep access to the online education but you will need to start the certification process again if you desire to get certified in the future.